About The Garden Guild of Winnetka
In 1941, a group of women organized to form the Garden Guild of Winnetka. The Guild members support a mission to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening; to aid in the conservation of native trees, plants, and wildlife; and to encourage civic projects. Garden Guild of Winnetka was admitted to The Garden Club of America in 1949.
Today, Garden Guild of Winnetka's 130 members play an important role in the community, within the Chicago region and for The Garden Club of America. Whether tending the Butterfly Garden in Dwyer Park, cutting down invasive Buckthorn in the Forest Preserve, hosting a biennial Housewalk, or helping to preserve public land, Garden Guild members seek to give back to the local community and to share both knowledge and resources. The Guild allows members to express their artistic talents through the beauty and design of floral arranging, horticultural design, botanical arts, and photography.
Garden Guild of Winnetka is a member of The Garden Club of America, which is a volunteer, nonprofit 501(c)3 organization comprised of 200 member clubs and approximately 18,000 club members throughout the country. GCA aims to share the advantages of association by means of educational meetings, conferences, correspondence and publications, and to restore, improve, and protect the quality of the environment through educational programs and action in the fields of conservation and civic improvement.
Garden Guild is a member of Garden Clubs of Illinois and The Winnetka Council of Garden Clubs. Garden Guild of Winnetka is a 501(c)3 organization.
Click here for a list of the current GGW Officers