About Garden Guild of Winnetka
In 1941, a group of women organized to form Garden Guild of Winnetka. The Guild members support a mission to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening; to aid in the conservation of native trees, plants, and wildlife; and to encourage civic projects. Garden Guild of Winnetka was admitted to The Garden Club of America in 1949.
Today, Garden Guild of Winnetka's 130 members play an important role in the community and in the Chicago region. Whether tending the Butterfly Garden in Dwyer Park, cutting down invasive Buckthorn in the Forest Preserve, hosting a biennial Housewalk, or helping to preserve public land, Garden Guild members seek to give back to the community and to share both knowledge and resources.
Garden Guild of Winnetka is a member of The Garden Club of America, whose purpose is to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening, to share the advantages of association by means of educational meetings, conferences, correspondence and publications, and to restore, improve, and protect the quality of the environment through educational programs and action in the fields of conservation and civic improvement.
Garden Guild is also a member of Garden Clubs of Illinois and The Winnetka Council of Garden Clubs. Garden Guild of Winnetka is a 501(c)3 organization.